Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 11

Sundays are unusual around our house.  Typically we do nothing. It's really a wonderful day.  Its the only day of the week where I either don't work and I don't go to school.  It is also a wonderful day to make breakfast.  Everyone is home and usually everyone gets hungry by 11:00, which is when I made biscuits this morning.  They were yummy ones made from Bisquick with onion, garlic, parsley and cheese.  They only take about ten minutes.  I'll admit I ate far more than I should have (I'm estimating around ten). Not in one fell swoop, mind you, but over the course of the day.  I did have orange juice and strawberries as well which hopefully balanced out anything unhealthy in my white flour extravaganza. I also think I may have eaten a baby carrot.

The rest of the day was mostly snacking off biscuits, although I have to admit that I did eat a caramel earlier this morning (it was before breakfast and I couldn't find any ready food).

The saddest part of the evening ending with about a quarter of a cup of butterscotch chips.  Yes, gasp if you must, I have to in terrible recollection.  I'll try to sum up my terrible betrayal in proper expression:

There I was, spending countless hours working on my gondola scene in Venice, painting away so that my midterm would be ready by Tuesday.  To keep myself doubly occupied I like to watch episodes of Maud Montgomery spin off, Road to Avonlea. If you haven't watched it and you are female you will most likely adore it.  It is about a simple life with simple folk on Prince Edward Island and has become my most recent obsession.

In fact, being female isn't a requirement as Nathan will poke his head in off and on and ask about major characters "What is Hetty up to now?  Why is Felicity so horrible?  Felix is so awesome!"  Things like that...anyway...point being....there I was watching multiple episodes - unfortunately this show captures my emotions rather quickly and two of the main characters who really love each other starting developing their relationship (I don't want to spoil any endings for you all) but next thing I knew I had retrieved the only sugar we have in the house (butterscotch chips) and began devouring them while silently attempting to hold back sobs over their beautiful, though agonizing love triangle (it really is painful, you have to watch it).

Anyway, after eating an entire fourth of a cup I realized I felt absolutely terrible.  I'm most certain my tummy does not approve of butterscotch chips and tragic romance.  Funny thing to note though - I was sucking on a chip and thinking to myself "Man, what does this taste like?" And myself answered as it always does, "Why, butter of course!" and then I responded "Oh goodness butter! Butter, for BUTTERscotch!" The light went on in my head and now I am a more cultured individual.  All this time I strangely never put two and two together but always secretly wondered what made butterscotch chips taste sooooo good.  The next question is - do they really put scotch in them?  (And is that why I can't stop eating them?) Someone please yell at me quick before I finish off this terrible bag!

*Sigh* It's okay, I know things look dark and hopeless at this point, but I really do have a small amount of self control that I will uncover momentarily (as soon as I stop crying over how horrible Valentine's Day is and that my two characters have to go through such hardship to be together) Who knew I was such a baby when I'm dieting!

90 Days to go!

PS I have left an image of my favorite characters for my own sake...


Good luck to you all in your 100 Day endeavors! (Oh and go home and watch episodes of Road to Avonlea if you ever get bored and want something wonderful to relate to!)

2 comments:

  1. Naomi, you are awesome. I busted up laughing over the visual imagery here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm glad my pain leaves you laughing :P

    ReplyDelete