Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 29

Bread, Lots Of Bread.

We really have run out of food at home. This realization hit home when I went to have breakfast this morning and the only milk I could find was evaporated.  I actually used it with my raisin bran and it wasn't as bad as you would think.


After the evaporated raisin bran, I waited til I got to work to eat, wherein I made fried chicken, but it really wasn't that good, sadly. :(  I then decided to bring two loaves of focciacia bread home to my starving family. (I felt like the father from Scrooge who tells his starving family he found some potatoes)  Nate and Jules gathered around asking for handfuls.  I almost expected an Oliver Twist accent to emerge from Nathan "Please sir, I want some more", luckily that bread is super filling (it's the high glucose flour, makes it expand in your stomach I like to believe) so we didn't have any complaints, just full tummies, and then slightly aching bellys due to the yummy bread overdose (who knew we shouldn't devour 1 1/2 loaves in three hours :P). That was the extent of my food tally today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gag--your dad loves that evaporated milk sewage in his hot cocoa. I think I would eat raisin bran dry first. That bread is really good though. Have you ever had anyone come into the restaurant, eat your free bread, then leave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, it is awful, Jules has been talking about the "rotting milk" in the fridge and wondering why we keep drinking it! Our bread is amazing, but I think we've only had one person do that that I remember, I think they were more subtle and said something like "oh, your menu doesn't have what I wanted" after eating a basketful :P

    ReplyDelete