Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 47

So, today, after I had my lovely bit of raisin bran I found myself picking Jules up from school and searching for a hot fudge brownie sundae. Now apparently, people in Sanpete are ignorant and have no idea what these things are.  The name itself just doesn't give enough away to put two and two together.  I think it's the term "sundae" and "brownie" that they just don't understand.  For fear that I was going crazy because the two fast food restaurants in town gave me quizzical looks when I attempted to order said hot fudge brownie sundae I decided to google it to make sure it wasn't something I just dreamed up once. 



No I wasn't.  There are myriads of images like this that appeared.  Why doesn't Sanpete know what they are?  Also to note, you know something's wrong with your town when they've never heard of it....sad really.  the saddest thing is that since I couldn't find anywhere that served these I was forced to compromise. Luckily Randi gave me a couple mint candies in celebration of St. Patty's Death, which held me over until I could
find myself at the local candy shop, purchasing clover shaped fudge and minty goodness.  All in all, it hit the spot, though a hot fudge brownie sundae would have been nice. 

After that I went to work, realized I was completely starving and took it upon myself to create one of my favorite Panini sandwiches.  It was truly delicious. 

Followed closely by a small piece of prime rib (I had to scrape it off the side cause it was a little overcooked) and some green mashed potatoes we concocted in honor of the great Irish day

I kept thinking it was mint ice cream, so it was a bit of a downer.  Funny how looks affect everything, including poor mashed potatoes. Isn't it also funny that chocolate kinda looks like pooh now and than?  Anyway, happy Green day!  (not the band)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment